Homemade Granola Bars
Need an easy to make, on-the-go snack for the summer? Try out this granola bar recipe!
- 2 cups (35g) puffed quinoa or puffed rice
- ½ cup (75g) whole almonds
- ½ cup (75g) pecans
- ½ cup (65g) dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp. roasted sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp. roasted sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp. hemp seeds
- ½ cup (120g) almond butter or peanut butter
- ⅔ cup (225g) malt rice syrup or honey
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. salt (omit if nut butter is salted)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Line a 8inch x 12inch (20cmx30cm) baking tray with parchment paper. (if you don’t have parchment paper, grease the pan instead).
- Chop the almonds and pecans into small pieces and place onto a baking sheet. Place in the oven, on the middle rack, and bake for 8 minutes, until the nuts are roasted.
- While the nuts are roasting, place the rice or quinoa puffs into a bowl along with the cranberries, sesame seeds, hemp seeds, and salt. Mix well to combine
- Place the nut butter, vanilla extract, and rice syrup or honey into a small saucepan. Place the pan on the stove over a low heat, stir gently until hot.
- Place the roasted nuts into a bowl along with the quinoa puff mixture and stir. Pour in the hot nut butter syrup and mix well.
- Pour into the lined dish and use the back of a spoon to press the mixture into the pan until even and smooth.
- Place the dish into the fridge for 30-60 minutes until the mixture sets hard. Once hard remove from the fridge and cut into 12, 1 ½ inch wide bars. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Tip: Don’t want to roast the nuts? No problem these bars can also be made with raw nuts.
Nutrition Per Serving
Want to save this recipe? Click the button below to download a copy!
Want to get recipes like this sent to you every month? Check out my monthly recipe pack subscription!